Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Quiet Book is Wrapping Up

I have two blank pages left to fill for my quiet book.  I have loved this project so much, that I hate to see it end.

Here are my latest pages -


This is a classic shape the nose page.  My older kids has a similar page in the quiet book that I made for them.  However, this time I wanted to make the face a little more interesting.   I traced the face and then I sewed on the hat, hair and bandana and attached an old necklace for the nose.  It was a simple page to put together, but it is surprisingly entertaining to see how many nose shapes you can create.



 
 
Here is another classic quiet book puzzle page.  I really wanted a penguin in my book, but when I saw this little Eskimo guy, I just had to try and recreate him in fabric.  I can't quite commit penguins or Eskimo?



My Itsy Bitsy Spider Page is from the pattern on this brilliant ladies blog -http://www.imagineourlife.com/2012/03/07/itsy-bitsy-spider-quiet-book-page/


 
 
I still need to make the spider.  I have some fun fur left over from a knitting project that would make an adorable spider.  I just need to find a way to keep it from being too bulky.

3 comments:

  1. These are awesome. I imagine you have a very understanding husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you share your patterns? I love your pages and have recently gotten into making these books for my granddaughter. I am also a member of the Facebook Page, Quiet Book Club! I am sure the members there would love to make some of these pages as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I devise and make tactile resources for visually impaired children so make things like these for work as well as my grandkids.
    You can scroll back and see afew things on my blog if you've ever time spare lol
    I have used the tube inserts from cellophane rolls eg. and wrapped them in fabric, then made a spider to pull up and down the tube which kids seem to love using.
    Huge buttons or large beads at either end of the ribbon/string with the spider on, means spider doesn't get pulled right through.
    Just a thought in case you make another version : )

    ReplyDelete